Monday, July 28, 2008

Zucchini Tomato Bake

As We've been trying to eat healthier I've been struggling with ways to fit more vegetables into our diet. I've come across a wonderful combination. I've grown up with cooked zucchini & summer squash. I've added tomatoes on my own to it, but despite the salt my mother likes to add, it's still a bland sort of dish. Not this one though.Ingredients
* Zucchini
* tomato
* Mozzarella Cheese - Grated
* Basil
* Oregano
* Onion Powder
* Garlic Powder
* Pepper
* Parsley

350 degrees

Slice up zucchinis and tomatoes. Line Bottom of baking dish with all the zucchini. Sprinkle with each of the spices. Line tomatoes on top. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, cover top with grated mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted.

*Note: I didn't put amount on because really it depends on if you like zucchinis and tomatoes at all. For a small 5x8 glass pan I've used 3 zucchinis 1 tomato and 1/2 cup mozzarella. For a large 9x13 pan I would use 7 zucchinis, 4 tomatoes, and 1.5 c mozzarella.

Serve hot.

You'll enjoy it I promise.

No comments: