Saturday, July 19, 2008

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I absolutely LOVE cookies. I make them quite often, and test out a lot of different recipes. They are all essentially the same-yet the end result can be flavorfully different. I tried this recipe last week and it has become my favorite.

1 cup Butter/Margarine
1 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Cups Quick Oats
2 Cups Chocolate Chips (12 oz)
Preheat oven to 350 Far. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Blend thoroughly. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.  Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Approx 3 Dozen Cookies

I don't suggest making this recipe without the oatmeal. It messes up the dough consistency if you do. 

3 comments:

Trent said...

These cookies are awesome!!!!!!

Autumn said...

You can also try 1/2 cup shortening and 1/2 cup unsalted butter.

Creates an amazing texture.

Matt loves them! and I've gotten rav reviews from the cookies.

Autumn said...

oh and in higher elevations I've found that increasing the flower to about 2.5 or 2.75 cups does wonders as well.