Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
2-3 Boneless Chicken Breasts1 Quart Organic Chicken Broth
1-1.5 Cups Water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 Stalks Celery, medium diced
3 Carrots, peeled and medium diced
1 Leek, diced
About 2 cups uncooked whole-wheat egg noodles
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Turn oven to 400 degrees, and roast chicken sprinkled with salt and pepper (or any desired seasoning) until fully cooked (abt 30-40 minutes for 2 breasts). When done, shred and cut up chicken to bite size pieces.
2. Put oil in pan, and saute celery, leeks, and carrots for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour chicken broth and water into pot, and bring to a soft boil. Pour in egg noodles and let them start cooking. As noodles cook, add more water if necessary.
4. After sautéed vegetables are tender, put them into broth mixture. Also add the chicken to the broth.
5. Add a couple teaspoons of thyme and some salt and pepper.
Ready to eat once the egg noodles are cooked!